- Working collaboratively to conceptualize, create, and execute world-class content marketing campaigns in order to grow our clients’ audiences, attract new community members, and support client’s online branding and marketing initiatives
- Support content marketing that drives qualified visitors to our various client websites, brand profiles and products/services
- Create evergreen content that returns value over many years by creating exemplary value to our client’s audience
- Share your industry knowledge on our blog in a way that supports our audience/clients and helps grow the Outer Banks Media brand
- Work with other marketing teams to execute content promotion and amplification through paid and organic channels, including: industry outreach, social media marketing, search engine targeting, press relations, email marketing, paid amplification, and more
- Gather and analyze success metrics and identify KPIs for personal content pieces to evaluate what is working and what isn’t. Comfortable iterating on pieces that need improvement
- Content auditing of client websites to discover gaps and take advantage of opportunities
- Regular monitoring of the SEO health of client websites, staying on top of SEO opportunities, prioritizing these, and executing on their deliverables alongside our web development and design teams
- Work cross-functionality with other teams to implement SEO best practices for OBX Media and client properties
- Act as an in-house “Subject Matter Expert” to assist other teams with your Content Marketing and SEO expertise. This includes advising and providing feedback to our various clients and team members
- Represent yourself and Outer Banks Media within our community. This includes speaking at marketing events, answering Q&A questions, participating in social media, and actively contributing blog comments
Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate doesn’t need to have all of these skills, but a good number of them will go a long way.
- A proven track record of several content marketing initiatives. It’s important that you’re able to demonstrate the success of these projects and the goals that they served.
- Experience with various analytics software packages, including Google Analytics and Adobe Omniture.
- Extensive experience with social media promotion, which may include Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, SnapChat, Reddit, Instagram and more.
- Experience, or at least solid exposure, to paid amplification channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Outbrain, Taboola, display advertising, paid search marketing and more.
- The ability to wireframe and create project specs. Work with designers, writers, and developers to bring these projects to life. Design skills are a plus.
- SEO. You have a proven track record of driving traffic through Search Engine Optimization. You’ve worked to improve sites either in-house or through client work.
- Understanding and experience with common SEO tools and tasks, including keyword research, link checkers, site crawls/audits, structured data, URL structures and more.
- Familiarity with SEO software and tools, and monthly reporting website traffic and results to clients
- Excellent communication skills. Writing samples are a plus, including web content you’ve written.
About Outer Banks Media
Outer Banks Media is a fast-growing, integrated marketing and communications company focused on a variety of different industries and clients. Many clients have national and international focuses and are based all around the country. We are looking for a serious, well-spoken, enthusiastic, and passionate SEO and Team Player who camp jump right in and make a splash.