Complementing direct mail activities with your digital marketing efforts increases the chances of your message resonating with your audience and building customer loyalty. Properly tying direct mail marketing into your online advertising or website allows you to better track effectiveness of your mailers. Our design experience and printing methods allow you to easily execute professional, original and creative direct mail campaigns without breaking the bank. Ask us about our direct mail advertising services.
5 Tips for Success for Your Direct Mail Advertising Campaign
- Know your target audience. Many business owners take a “be all” approach to marketing when a smaller, focused audience may yield better results. Start by determining who your best, most loyal customers are and establish a profile you can leverage to find contacts just like them.
- Take a look around you. We all get inundated with marketing messages every day. What ones attract your attention? Start collecting pieces that are eye-catching or just seem like good creative messages and use these “favorites” to help you adapt your own ideas.
- Get personal. Studies have shown that personalizing marketing messages has a profound effect on the recipient’s reaction. Incorporate the first name of each of your recipients or add a personalized URL (PURL) to drive them to your website. There are many ways to distinguish your mailing piece from all the others.
- Don’t stop! When clients say their efforts haven’t worked, it’s mainly due to lack of follow up. You must continually push your message to the market. As business owners, we always want to sell something, but we need to find those that are willing to buy. To be in front of a prospect when they’re ready, your brand must be in front of them at that time. “One and done” is not an option if you’re looking for success in marketing.
- Track your results. Keep track of your expenses and be sure to ask every contact how they heard about you. From there, develop a record of the activities that work best and which ones converted the most prospects. You’ll also get a better handle on the return of each campaign for future planning.